Anyone else spring cleaning lately? It was something about watching Marie Kondo and things that spark joy that got my booty in gear to start organizing my life! I actually have been cleaning things out weekly, and this week it was time (overdue) to clean out and organize our refrigerator!
I wanted to share in case you are a refrigerator organizer rookie like I am, just exactly how I did it in 5 easy steps! Let me just tell you how GOOD it feels to have it all organized and clean. I don’t even want to let my kids in there because it just needs to stay pretty! HA!
We have the Samsung 33in French Door Refrigerator.
I didn’t know if I could do this because I’m not the best at this kind of stuff, but I am telling you it was SO easy with the help of The Home Depot’s kitchen organization! I seriously want to organize my whole life with all of their stuff! I ordered everything I needed from their website, it was delivered to my front door and I actually got the exact items I needed! I don’t know if it was luck or what, but it just ended up perfect!
Okay, okay…now I’ll spill my secrets; not that they’re life changing, but it’s helpful to me to know what other people do. These steps make it simple enough to not overwhelm you and to really get the job done!
- Plan – Make a plan! Decide what you want to do and then plan for it. Measure your refrigerator shelves and space to decide exactly what all you can fit into your specific refrigerator. Start searching on The Home Depot website for organization and decide what you may want.
- Inspiration – Find some inspiration photos on Pinterest or Instagram that will help you decide what you want the inside of your refrigerator to look like. I pinned a few images and then actually searched for the same refrigerator to see what types of bins might fit. I ended up finding the clear acrylic 7 piece set from The Home Depot and added a few other pieces that worked perfectly.
- Order Online or Visit The Home Depot – I did quick search on The Home Depot website in kitchen organization to see exactly what I needed! The shipping was so quick and easy, delivered to my front door just a few days later! Once it arrived, I was actually excited to get all of this done! They offer free shipping on orders over $45, free in-store pick up or 2-day shipping to home with free returns to store.
- Mindset – Get that mindset right and decide that you CAN DO THIS. I always told myself that it’s not functional to have a pretty refrigerator and it’s not easy to keep it organized. I think just setting myself up for getting it done truly helped! I set aside time one day, set my alarm to motivate me to stick to it and just did it!!
- GET IT DONE – Start by taking EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) out of your fridge. Set it all to the side for now. Then clean the inside shelving and wipe down everything! This was the best part for me. It felt so good to get it clean and fresh! Once it’s all clean, get your acrylic bins and play tetris until they fit in the fridge. I was able to use all of the pieces that I bought! The 7 Piece Refrigerator and Freezer Stackable Storage Organizer Bins with Built in Handles was a life saver because I didn’t have to figure it out, they were all in the kit!
Once you have your designated spaces, go through the items from your fridge. Throw away/donate duplicates and throw away items that are expired. We had literally 4 jars of the same pickles so I combined them into one jar. Same with the mustard! Haha!
Then I started to organize items by type and find the designated space in the refrigerator that was most functional. For me, top shelf is for eggs, olives, butters, pickles, etc. Then middle shelf is for vegetables and bottom is for fruits. The left drawer is for meats and the right drawer is for cheeses. I made a coffee caddy with a lazy susan that I love because it allows me to keep all of my creamers most accessible. I added two stackable bins and two narrow stackable bins to the 7 Piece Kit to make it functional for my fridge. The doors of the refrigerator are for milks, condiments and etc items. The drawer under our french doors is for drinks and I organized that with the drink fridge bins!
I love how it all turned out and it makes me excited to actually know what I have in my refrigerator. I feel such a sense of accomplishment and owe that to the help of The Home Depot and all things organization! I’m just thinking what’s next…my pantry is in dire need!
You can shop everything I used for my refrigerator organization haul below!
Thank you to The Home Depot for sponsoring this post! All content and opinions are that of my own!