Good morning & happy Monday, friends! We spent the weekend doing all of the things…organizing, putting up wallpaper, cleaning out closets and doing the Super Bowl! We did the easiest wallpaper that I wanted to share with yall, because I think several of you are going to want to try it!
We are currently in limbo on what to do with the girls rooms but Lennyn was wanting something new and fresh for her room after seeing her brother’s wall paper! I didn’t really want to do wallpaper again, because let’s be honest…it’s a nightmare to put up! I was browsing and found Walls Need Love which is a stick-on temporary wallpaper that comes in just about a million prints! I was quickly obsessed and thought this might be the perfect little change to her room to tide her over until her new big girl room! It proved to be just that…perfect!
Here is a before and after of what her wall looked like. I just recently rearranged her room and her bed used to be on this wall. We made it the play wall as now her dress up area is there! She is absolutely obsessed with it, and I have to say that I am too!
Walls Need Love is by far the easiest brand of peel and stick wallpaper that I’ve found! It was so easy to navigate through their patterns and choose one that worked for us! In fact, they even have a calculator that tells you exactly what you need to order after simply just measuring your wall! It seriously was fool proof! I couldn’t believe how easy it was!
A few tips if you’re planning to put up this wallpaper:
- Try to have your walls untextured. This was my biggest problem. Our walls are pretty heavily textured which made it really hard to get the wallpaper smooth. For best results, add the wallpaper to an untextured wall. I will definitely keep that in mind for our next project!
- Calculate how much to order with the easy tool on Walls Need Love. Once it comes in, it will be rolled up – keep it that way until you are ready to stick on the wall!
- Clean the wall with a damp cloth and dry it off BEFORE adhering the wallpaper. Make sure you clean baseboards, too! Be sure the wall is free of any residue, and if you’ve just painted you need to wait 2 weeks before installing wallpaper.
- Grab someone to help you! It definitely took two of us to get everything right!
- You will need some tape to make sure you get the pattern right on. The pattern repeats every 15-20 inches so you can get it just right!
- Use an exacto knife (comes with your order) to trim edges!
- Be a perfectionist. Don’t let it stick for good until it’s just right. This may take a few tries to get the bubbles out!
We started from top to bottom and applied in strips. It took my wall 6 panels of (104 in x 26 in) and we used all of them, but had some left overs after cutting around the door on the wall. I love love how it turned out and gave her room a little face lift!
I also really love that it’s temporary so if she outgrows the pattern or when we go to sell our house, it’s easily removed with no painting needed! Walls Need Love also has some decals if you want to do stripes or dots without having the whole wall covered. The options really are endless!
I’m so excited to share that Walls Need Love is offering yall 25% off purchases of $100 or more with code littlelovelies25.
Let me know if you do a room/wall and what you choose! I can’t wait to see! It’s the perfect instant face lift for any room! The possibilities are endless!