This post is sponsored by Nordstrom. Thanks for supporting the brands I love and choose to work with by using these affiliate links and reading my posts while valuing my opinion. All content and opinions are that of my own!
It’s time for back to school and slowly transitioning your closet to fall outfits! I know it can be overwhelming to jump from one season to another, so I’m here to help you with a few ways to transition with ease! I’ve got a few updates for your closet that won’t break the bank and that are super easy to style!
I am always ready for each season to come to an end and the new one to begin. I usually jump the gun and try to dress for the next season before it even feels like it’s here; but I’m especially ready for fall now! Yep, I’m that girl in scarves before it’s under 65 degrees. I just can’t wait!
I’ve got 7 easy ways to make your closet fall ready today, and all of these options are great and affordable, which is so important when adding a few pieces for each season! The best part is that you can wear some of these into winter and even spring!
8 Ways to Update Your Closet for Fall
- Basic Tee – You can get away with lots of basics and layering them so that you’re not just wearing for one occasion or another. I love this basic white tee that I have worn through spring, summer and now into fall. It will be perfect with a cardigan and OTK boots into winter, too.
- Denim Jeans – You need a good pair of denim jeans that will carry you through all of the seasons. I love these step hem AG jeans because they are great for wearing with booties now and then boots into late fall and winter. They are a little pricey, which is worth it in my opinion for jeans, but here is a similar option that’s just as great and much less expensive.
- Booties – These are the perfect cross between sandals and boots, the perfect answer for all transitional questions for shoes and the perfect reason to be comfortable and cute! This pair is extremely comfortable and great for wearing with denim, dresses or even shorts before it gets too cool (which is never in Texas..ha!)
- Kimonos – These are my favorite way to transition to fall! I love a good kimono that you can throw over a summer tank or tee. This one that I’m wearing adds some color and dimension without making you sweat your hiney off! I can’t get over the embroidery detail and the back of it! I also grabbed this fall floral and this duster kimono. I really want this velvet one too!
- Cardigans – Also one of my favorite ways to transition, like the kimono! It adds a great layer and provides a little warmth, so you’ll want these later into fall unless it’s a lightweight cardigan. I just grabbed this one and this one for fall.
- Affordable Shades – These are $55 but still high quality, and just I’m obsessed with them! I think they’re the perfect end of summer sunglasses because they’re mirrored and fun but are neutral enough to wear with fall things. They also come in black.
- Updated Bag – This is a simple update, but I chose to get a velvet bag for fall since it’s trendy and adds some texture to my outfit. It also comes in black and navy. I will wear it with simple dresses, basic cardigans and even with a little black dress. This was a splurge for me, but I adore it! Here is another bag that I have my eye on for fall!
- Fall Makeup Hues – I like to update my fall makeup a bit with different lipsticks and eyeshadows. I recently grabbed this lipstick with this liner (which is my all time favorite) in the color Nude Medium. I’ve also been using this eyeshadow palette. I think slowly transitioning colors is a great way to get into the fall groove! I can’t wait to get my hands on this palette.
I can find all of my transitional outfits and makeup at Nordstrom which offers free shipping and returns. Even in West Texas, Nordstrom is my go-to because of the customer service and quick shipping! I love that I can shop for myself, the girls and my husband all at one place and not pay shipping fees but know the returns won’t be an issue if it doesn’t work out.
Shop my Fall Favorites from Nordstrom
I hope you y’all have the best week! How is it already Monday again? Cheers to making this a fast week!