The end of the summer is bittersweet. Our family and friends are going back to school, and we are getting back into the routine of normal life. For us, summer is busy and fun full of chaos and travel. We do lots of things in summer that we aren’t able to do through the year since my husband’s busy time is through the fall and the winter. I love everything that comes with fall, but I’m trying to savor every last bit of summer with my family that I can. When I look back, I want to remember these things from summer: the memories, the chaos, the longer days and summer nights. I want to remember every moment with my girls, because I will never have a summer with them being 1 and 3 years old again!
Summer comes and goes too quickly. We traveled, we had birthday parties, we had dance recitals, pool time and made many memories. I know that I will blink and so many summers will go by as the girls get bigger and more active and it will probably go faster and faster each year. I want to remember the little things like sprinklers under the trampoline and piling in the car for snow cones down the road. I want to remember everything about these babies being babies. I know it’s so bittersweet for life to go on, and as much fun as summer is, I’m excited for the coming months of fall and seeing the girls in the season.
Seasons come and go and as much as I wish summer could stay here, it just can’t. So here are the 5 little things about this summer that I want to remember most!
- Late Mornings Outside – I loved spending my coffee time on the patio watching the girls play. Most of the time in their pajamas and when it got too hot a diaper and undies. I loved watching Lennyn learn new things by just watching her big sister. I loved seeing their little toes in the grass. I loved the smell of baby sunscreen and seeing the little tan lines in Lennie’s rolls.
- Swim Time – Laikyn took swim lessons this summer so she was ALL ABOUT THE POOL. Watching her learn something new was so sweet. I loved seeing her transform and become more confident in the water! She even started to go under and hold her breath with her Minnie goggles.
- Traveling – Lots of trips were taken. We went on our annual summer trip with our family to the lake. The girls LOVED the pool, the lake, and exploring. They loved the family time, playing with cousins and eating lots and lots of snacks. I loved getting to see them in a different stage at the same place this year. Lennie was only 4 weeks last year, so getting to see her play in the water this year was so fun. Laikyn loved tubing behind the boat and is begging to ski. We’ll see next year! We also took some trips to Mammie & Pop Pop’s in Canyon and plan on taking them on a little trip before Brett gets busy this next month.
- Picnics – We ate outside for lunch more often than not. I am going to miss having great weather to get outside and let the girls eat and then play. I’m going to miss watching Laikyn ride around on her bike and Lennie ride in her convertible car. They both had birthdays this summer in June, Laikyn turned 3 and Lennyn turned 1!
- Summer Clothes – The girls had the CUTEST summer clothes. I am going to miss being able to put a cute little dress on them and have to dress them in layers. They don’t seem to care what I dress them in (yet) but I’m slowly transitioning them into fall with these adorable outfits from Janie and Jack. We’ve always loved their clothes, but these summer transition outfits are TO DIE. I always want to remember the day I dressed them in these outfits and we went playing outside to take pictures. I want to remember the way that Daddy helped us stay out of rain puddles and jumped up and down to get them to smile. I want to remember how they are already the best of friends, and how Lennyn already looks up to her big sister. I will always associate these outfits with that moment. I will always remember the first time I got a big bow in Lennyn’s hair because it’s finally long enough.
Laikyn’s Outfit: shirt // pants // shoes // sunglasses // purse // bow
Lennyn’s Outfit: shirt // pants // shoes // bow
outfits & accessories c/o Janie and Jack
It’s these little things of summer that I will remember most. I hope that I can remember all of the little things because those are the ones that seem to fade. You always remember a first day of swim lessons, birthday parties and big events, but I want to remember the smiles, laughter and love.
Thank you to Janie and Jack for gifting the girls these adorable outfits. You can find and purchase the outfits on Janie and Jack website! Janie and Jack offers head to toe outfitting for a perfectly put together look that turns life’s smallest moments into ones to treasure. Check out the website for adorable outfits for boys or girls and great gifts for babies!
This post is in collaboration with Janie and Jack but all images, content and opinions are that of my own.