It’s been a hot minute since I’ve done a pregnancy update / bumpdate so I thought I would fill you in on what’s been going on from week 30-35! Also, lots of you ask about my favorite pregnancy and fertility apps, so I’m sharing that today as well!
Weeks 30-35 consisted of rapid growth and lots of new symptoms! Also, Little Man turned from breech to head-down (FINALLY) after lots of persuasion. He might be a little stubborn! 😉 I’m going to share all of that info in today’s post!
I haven’t been as consistent in taking my weekly bump photo! Life got busy after school started and also, it’s just hard to waddle out to get my photo taken! HA! I’m going to try to share the photos I have for each week because I really love looking back to see what I looked like and how my bump grows each week!
- Baby is the size of a: zucchini
- Total weight gain/loss: I haven’t been weighing weekly but I should be at around +28 lbs or so
- The Bump: It’s getting rather large.
- Food Cravings: basically everything.
- Sleep: basically non-existent unless I take 1/2 unisom nightly at bedtime. I started seeing my chiropractor weekly for adjustments instead of every other week. Baby flipped during a bath after rubbing my belly with peppermint oil! Doing bi-monthly massage treatments too!
We went on our Babymoon to The Bahamas this week! We had a great and relaxing time, but while we were there the baby flipped back to breech position 🙁 BUMMER! My grandad passed away while we were gone, so we flew to Tulsa for the service. It was great to honor him and see family. LOTS of airplane flights made for an uncomfortable week!
- Baby is the size of a: asparagus
- Total weight gain/loss: +28 or so
- The Bump: Large and round! Carrying so low this time.
- Food Cravings: Anything sweet and sour – like candy!
- Sleep: His head is in my ribs and can’t sleep at all! Also running out of energy
Baby was confirmed Breech position at my 32 week ultrasound. We discussed how to get him to turn as well as options if he doesn’t turn! We’re hoping he flips head down and isn’t stubborn! I was exhausted this week after a week of travel last week and I didn’t get a weekly bump photo!
- Baby is the size of a: squash
- Total weight gain/loss: +30ish
- The Bump: V. big.
- Food Cravings: cereal! Fruit Loops with marshmallows specifically
I got the worst cold of all time this week! I seriously had it for at least 2 weeks and felt like total crap! I got treated with a Zpack and multiple chiropractor adjustments but it just will NOT go away. We had an event this week and then I opted to stay home to sleep all weekend. I was miserable!
- Baby is the size of a: celery
- Total weight gain/loss: +31 at my dr appt.
- The Bump: LARGE
- Food Cravings: everything!
- Sleep: can’t sleep with this cold. it’s the worst.
Lissa and I traveled to Waco this weekend to meet Reese Witherspoon! It was so fun, but I still felt so sick. I rested the rest of the weekend and felt like I got a little bit done in preparation for Little Man! My friends showered us with love – we had a brunch and girls day! So fun!
I packed my hospital bag and am praying he doesn’t come early like his big sister did! Baby finally flipped head down again! Let’s pray and pray he stays that way!!!!!!
- Baby is the size of a: butternut squash
- Total weight gain/loss: +32-33
- The Bump: SO BIG
- Food Cravings: Tea!
- Sleep: Finally getting over a cold and feeling a bit better. Sleeping is getting better, but contractions are starting and keeping me up through the night.
LOTS of contractions this week! I was checked on Monday at my 35 week check and already dilated 1 cm. I feel like he has dropped, too. I’m just praying he gives us a few more weeks so he can grow bigger and stronger!
- Baby is the size of a: pineapple
- Total weight gain/loss: +35 lbs YIKES
- The Bump: SO BIG
- Food Cravings: hmmmm basically craving it all. Wendy’s chili has been extra good.
- Sleep: Taking naps almost daily. I can’t do anything without getting winded and tired!
Lots of you have been asking about which pregnancy apps I’ve been using throughout this pregnancy! Here they are!
HOW I ENCOURAGED MY BREECH BABY TO TURN HEAD DOWN
Lots of you also asked how I got baby to turn head down from breech position! I would definitely check with your OB, but here is what I did:
- weekly chiropractor adjustments (trained in Webster Technique)
- bi-monthly massage treatments (trained professional)
- Spinning Babies (specifically Breech Tilt and Forward Leaning Inversions)
- Peppermint Oil at top of stomach where baby’s head is
- Frozen bag of fruit/peas/etc on top of stomach
- Baths after peppermint oil / frozen bag of food
- Headstands (in water preferably if not able)
ANSWERING SOME FAQ
What has been the biggest difference between your third pregnancy and your last two?
This pregnancy has been SO easy compared to my last two. I haven’t been as sick or felt as bad! THANK THE LORD! I have had pretty high energy until here recently, so I’m hoping that transition to 3 is pretty easy and seamless! And praying he is a good baby!
What advice would you give on being a mom to those of us who aren’t moms yet?
I answered this in my last bumpdate post HERE.
What are your thoughts/fears going from 2 kids to 3?
I am a bit worried, which I feel like is normal. I feel like I may have a hard time juggling my time with the girls + new baby at first. Not to mention, Daddy is extremely busy with ginning season so I’ll basically be a single mom with 2 kids + the new baby! We’ll get through it, but I am praying it’s easier than it seems like it might be!
What are some of the hardest things about pregnancy at this stage?
Sleep. Definitely lacking in the sleep department + keeping up with my two girls. I’m also running a full time blog and my husband is starting to get busy so it’s harder this time of year! Oh, and rolling out of bed….basically everything is physically harder at this stage of the game! ha!
Do you feel like you are getting close to labor?! What’s your mama instinct telling you about baby boys due date? Do you think this baby is coming early???
It’s so hard to know! This weekend, I felt like he might fall out…now I’m back to feeling like I have several weeks. Depends on the day! 😉 I seriously DOUBT we make it to the due date (November 10th) since Lennyn came at 37 weeks, but you never know! Every baby and pregnancy is so different! I’m just THRILLED he is head down and praying hard for a vaginal delivery!
Do you think having the contractions counter is helpful or more stressful?
Good question! I think that you can feel either way about it, depending on the day! Some days, it gives me peace of mind knowing that they aren’t as close and severe as they may seem, but also it could stress you out if you aren’t ready for baby and are having them close together! Always trust your gut, though! Sometimes, it can be off!
I think you have answered this, but will your son have an L name as well?
No, he won’t! Originally, we wanted this baby to have the same name boy/girl…then I wanted to find an L name if it was a girl, but for the boy’s name I was set on since I was pregnant with Laikyn and Lennyn (2013 and 2015). It changed a bit, but I LOVE it.
Have you felt any different pregnant with a boy than you felt with your girls?
100%. It’s been a completely different pregnancy this time around! I’ve felt so much better!
I think I remember you said you tried both the Medela and the Spectra. Which one was your favorite between the 2?
Are you stocking up and eating all of the things now that you cut out for nursing?
YES! I’m enjoying my coffee with cream and not reading labels! I know all of that will go out the window in a few weeks. I will miss cream in my coffee the most. For those of you who don’t know, I went dairy/soy/gluten free with both girls because of intolerances. I’m assuming baby boy will have them too!
Have you used any certain products to help prevent stretch marks? What would you recommend?
Have you had any sleep issues and if so what has helped! I’m 31 weeks and having lots of trouble sleeping!
Yes! So much trouble this time around. I have been taking 1/2 unisom at bedtime and it helps a ton!
Do you feel like you had different cravings with baby boy then you did with your girls? Did this pregnancy differ at all from your girls?
Looking back they’ve been pretty much all the same! I was very sick with the girls from 6-23 weeks so that helped with the weight gain! I started gaining weight this time around at the thought of food! HA!
What is something you know you don’t need for baby number 3?
Basically all of it. Haha. You absolutely need a car seat, diapers and a source of food whether it’s a boob or a bottle! 😉 Other than that…we can survive but absolutely have stocked up on all of the newest gadgets to share with yall!
Did you have to give up any of your favorite foods while pregnant? What was the most difficult?
Nope! That all comes with nursing for me. I didn’t give up anything this time around!
I’m hoping to do one more bumpdate before baby is here!! I can’t wait for him to be here but I really will miss being pregnant! Pregnancy is one of my favorite things in life. It’s so special and so so sweet to feel sweet kicks, dress a bump and just get the baby to yourself for 9 whole months. I feel so blessed to have done this 3 times and so thankful to God for giving me these babies!