This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of OshKosh B’gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
The holidays are upon us, and I get more excited each year! There is something about having children and beginning to celebrate the holidays together as your own little family! The holidays are just more fun with kids!
Starting new traditions as you begin to start your family is fun but can be stressful. Are you sharing enough about the “reason for the season”…are you instilling in life lessons of how to help others in need while you teach fun crafts and bake cookies for Santa? These are some of the things I think about as the holidays approach, and I think a balance of the two is a great way to start and keep traditions each year!
When I was growing up, Christmas was a BIG deal! We decorated together, laid out cookies for Santa, attended a candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve and then opened presents on Christmas morning. As the girls are getting older and able to understand Christmas, we wanted to start a few traditions this year…Christmas is just SO much fun with kids!
I loved the holidays growing up, and even as an adult before we had children, but there is something special about sharing a special season with your growing children!
The holidays are more fun with kids because…
- Christmas Through Kid’s Eyes – Children have such a child-like faith, and seeing them light up when they decorate a Christmas tree, make Christmas cookies, and lay out the reindeer’s food…it’s just so special to see them so excited!
- Kid’s Games – Playing games with kiddos gives adults a reason to have a little fun! Most adults don’t want to cut loose and get a game out, but when there are kids to play with it makes it so much more fun!
- Never a Dull Moment – It may be chaotic (or is that just my kids??) but everyone finds joy in watching kids play and light-up when opening a present or sharing a fun game!
- Giving Back – Teaching your children to give back in a season of many in need is so rewarding. I want to teach my girls to give more than they receive, so every year when we get pictures made with Santa, we pick up an angel from the Salvation Army Tree to bless someone in need. This year, we will be getting two angels; one for each of the girls around the same age as mine. My 3.5 year old already asked when we get to do this!
- A Reason to Nap – Am I the only one that gets exhausted during all of the holiday festivities?? Having kids has given me a reason for it to be acceptable to take a nap! #MomsLoveSleep
- Shopping for Kids – It’s so fun to shop for kid’s gifts! Grandparents are not the easiest to buy for, but kids will always love what you get them! And grandparents will always love what their grandkids get them!
- Dressing Them – I LOVE a good holiday outfit! We picked up these Oshkosh B’gosh outfits for the holidays and I’m loving the way they can work now all the way to Christmas! The plaid is the perfect “Christmas Plaid” and I love all of the gold accents. They’re comfortable enough for them to play in but cute enough for a photo which is a win-win in this mom’s book!
- Playing Santa – Because when else is eating 5 cookies and a glass of milk before bed acceptable? Christmas calories don’t count when you’re Santa, right?
- Holiday Crafts and Baking – It gives moms a reason to get that kitchen dirty and bake some cookies! I love to let my girls decorate their own cookies which makes a GIANT mess, but it’s so fun for them and a great memory for them to have growing up.
- Festivities – We love going to parades and seeing Christmas lights! The lighting of the Christmas tree and singing Christmas carols. Everything great about Christmas is just intensified when you have kids! They love it and seeing them love it warms my heart!
Ultimately, having kids and sharing the story of Jesus’ birth is the most special part…but these things that go along with the holidays are so fun for kids too! I’m proud of the traditions my family gave us and I hope to give my girls just as many to remember now and always.
The girls are wearing OshKosh B’Gosh and it is our go-to store for adorable and stylish outfits for the girls for any occasion! I love that they are always having sales and make it affordable for us to keep the girls cute and comfortable! We will be shopping there for our angels this season as well, because the sales are amazing and the quality is great!
You can find your nearest Oshkosh store HERE.
Get 25% off with code OKBG3223 online or print this coupon/show to clerk for discount in stores! Valid until Dec. 31!
Head to your nearest Oshkosh store on Black Friday & be one of the first 100 shoppers to win a gift card! They are giving away over $650,000 in gift cards on Black Friday!
What are your favorite things to do with your kids during the holidays? Do you have set traditions every year? Do you think holidays are more fun with kids, too? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below! Happy holiday season!
Photography by BonBon’s Photography.